We all know that Firefox takes a lot of Time to load when it is run for the first time. Today I will show you a simple way to reduce this loading time and thus turn your slow firefox into fast firefox.
You can slash Firefox’s slow load time by compressing the DLLs and executables. There are many choices for compression but I suggest you use UPX which is free, efficient and time proven.
1. Download UPX from http://upx.sourceforge.net/#download
2. Unzip upx.exe into your Firefox installation folder which is normally C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.
3. Make sure Firefox is not running then shell to a command prompt in the Firefox installation directory.
4. Type in the following command in a single line and hit return:
for %v in (*.exe *.dll components\*.dll plugins\*.dll) do upx “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\%v”
5. If on some later occasion you want to unpack the files, just type in the command above but add the decompression switch “-d” after “do upx.”
That’s it; enjoy the difference!